Thursday, June 7, 2007

Ronit Weinstock


Howdy everyone! My name is Ronit and I am a science teacher at Cupertino Middle School. This is my 10th year teaching, and my 2nd year in CUSD (although I am a former CMS student). I am really excited about the summer institute and I can't wait to learn some great tips for bringing more technology into my classroom. That has been a goal of mine for a few years, so it will be nice to finally make it a reality!

I have been married for 10 years to Ryan. We met in college waiting in line for student tickets to a basketball game. We still head down to Santa Barbara for a game or two every year, although we now sit in the more comfortable (not to mention more expensive) seats. I enjoy seeing musicals, scrapbooking, and reading. I already have the calendar cleared for the weekend of July 20th so that I can read Harry Potter and the Deathy Hallows.

When I'm not grading papers or supervising labs, you can find me working in my other job as a chauffeur. Oops, I meant, driving all over and taking my children to their various activities. I have 2 sons, Bailey (7) and Jared (5). They both take ice skating lessons and it's amazing how quickly they learn to do some pretty impressive footwork! Jared will stay in his pre-K class 2 days a week over the summer because he is "just not ready to say goodbye to [his] friends yet." This summer Bailey is participating in his first production with Children's Musical Theater of San Jose. He has been cast as a Horse in Charlotte's Web. So, my vacation will include many hours in the rehearsal studio. In my opinion, that is time well spent.

This photo is 6 years old, but as I said, I scrapbook..so I'm usually the one BEHIND the camera!

2 comments:

Donna said...

I raised two boys. Hug them often. Enjoy them. They'll be grown and gone before you know it.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.