Monday, June 4, 2007

Chris Heumann

Hello there CUSD teachers. My name is Chris Heumann and I've been teaching at Kennedy since 1986. The students in our district are truly amazing and they make the job challenging in the best sense of the word -- I have enjoyed every minute! As educational technologies has emerged over the past 20 years I have taken advantage of many new tools in order to live up to the potential of the students. In addition to my teaching, I have also become a program director for the Krause Center for Innovation and am looking forward to hosting the Cupertino crew.

My most important job, of course, is to be dad and hubby to my wonderful family, Amy, Hannah, Abby, and Olivia. This photo captures us amidst the constant reconstruction of our house and garden in the mountains behind Lexington Lake. With every new kid has come the addition of a new bedroom to the tiny house and now, with 4 girls around, an additional bathroom is a must! Hopefully I can get that under way during those lazy (ha) days of August.

I'm looking forward to working with each of you!

7 comments:

Steph said...

I actually attended Kennedy in the late 80s! Although I didn't have "Mr. Heumann" as a teacher, I know he was quite popular among the students.

Donna said...

You're living in a household of females. My family was a household of males. Not sure which is more of a challenge.

Steve said...

Great family photo...

Shirley Miller said...

It looks like you have a beagle! I love beagles! Is yours the tall one? I had a short one. People used to ask me if she was a bassett. Ha! She was too pretty for a bassett. My Maggie died last year and I miss her. She was ssooo sweet and smart! They are great family dogs.

Jake said...

Mr. Heumann, where the hell did you go???

D.yau said...

Mista Heumann, village H sends there "i miss u" to YOU! We all enjoyed having you for half the year. Look on Kemkar's webpage. You might find some "secret message". LOL.=P -darren

you are the most beautiful family! -stella (who's eating Darren's Food)

sally altrocchi said...

Chris - i found you! you'll never believe who this is... before we (later) get into all of the personal stuff, we are desperately trying to find both you and your mom (yes, she's invited too) for our 30th M-A reunion this Oct 10-12th.

will you please contact me? i am DYING to see you - it was so great seeing you the last time, if only for a brief time.

a big hug, Sally Altrocchi