Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Pat Gregory


I figured out how to get here, so I guess that means I can take the class. My name is Pat Gregory and I have one husband and one grown son. I was a software engineer for many years, got caught up in the 'workforce reduction' at Hewlett-Packard and decided to do something useful so became a science teacher at Kennedy Middle School. I love my job! (I teach 8th grade science and 'shhhh').
Outside of school I enjoy flying my Cessna airplane where ever I want to go for lunch and I also play the fiddle with the San Francisco Scottish Fiddlers. Do a bit of Scottish Country dancing as well. My life is pretty full, so I don't ever get bored.

I'm hoping to gain some good ideas on how to do more to integrate technology in my classroom. Right now it seems like too much work, although I do use our MacLab and laptop carts on occasion. I'd like to be more organized about it and have some ideas at my fingertips to help make the kids more self directed in their learning.

(what's the difference between the title at the top and the label at the bottom of this post?)

2 comments:

Donna said...

My husband I did one night of ceilidh dancing when we were in Amsterdam. The pastor of our church there was from Scotland. You need to be in good shape for that.

Anonymous said...

Your life sounds fascinating! How fun to fly to lunch???