Friday, June 8, 2007

Donna Axelson



My claim to fame has nothing to do with technology. My family (husband and two sons) had Saint Bernards as part of our family for many years. We raised 3 litters of puppies. The third litter of 8 puppies was in the movie Beethoven’s 2nd. Having a dog that gives birth to 8 or more puppies is an experience in itself, but to have those puppies grow up to be movie stars is a very special treat.

Speaking of movie stars, in May my husband, daughter-in-law, and myself were guests of Tim McGraw at the Academy of Country Music Awards in Las Vegas. Another special treat.

I began working for CUSD in 1984. I’ve taught K through 7th grade and grown through each and every experience. This is my second year as the Technology Resource Teacher for CUSD and there is so much to learn. The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know. I consider myself to be a life-long learner and I’d like several more lifetimes to learn all I want to know.

5 comments:

Winnie Jiang said...

Hi Donna, I look forward to meeting you this summer. I will be getting a girl Shih Tzu puppy in two weeks and would like to get some advice from you. I have always wanted a dog, but was not able to take care of one until now. I am very excited about it.

Steph said...

Hi Donna (or Mrs. Axelson!), Of course, I remember my 3rd grade teacher. You were actually one of my favorite elementary school teachers. I thought you were super nice because you had my mom and I (plus the other parent volunteers) over for lunch. I don't remember what we had, but I remember I thought it was yummy (and I was kind of a picky eater!). Stephanie Byers (neƩ Nitta)

Steve said...

Wow...what a fun photo!

Susan H said...

Donna -- You will of course share more of the story of you and Tim ... sounds fascinating.

Anonymous said...

When I saw your picture, I thought someone in your family was a great Tim McGraw look- alike! Looking forward to meeting you!