Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Jay Martino


I must admit I usually do not look forward to more school in the summer. But I am looking forward to this class. It sounds like fun and we all should gain some valuable tools.

I am finishing up my 7th year of teaching after 20 years in the software business. The last 4 years have been at Cupertino MS, while prior to that I was at Stevens Creek.

I'm recovering from a broken collarbone that has taken way too long to heal. But it's getting there. This summer I hope to follow my kids around for one last adventure. They are 17 and 14 and it is just hitting me that this part of my life is closing. I hope the new one that opens will be as fulfilling.

I hope to finish the "top 25 hikes in the bay area" this summer and get back on my bike (which is directly related to my broken collarbone).

Looking forward to meeting all of you.

Jay

3 comments:

Donna said...

I'd recognize you anywhere. I need to get that list of hikes from you. Corky and I love to hike.

Steve said...

What great photo...who's your sidekick in the photo? It should be a tech-filled week. See you soon!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you are having fun in your class! See you soon!